The Counter tool provides the user with a tap-able counter for counting items or events within a form. Each tap steps the counter either up or down in set increments. For example, the image below shows a counter that records the number of attendees at an event:
You may configure your counter in the following ways:
- Specify the range of numbers (minimum and maximum) accepted by the counter.
- Set your counter to step up or down in incremements of 1, 2, 3, 10, 100, or any other whole number.
Note that your form can include multiple counters, with different step intervals, inside a layout grid to create customized counter controls.
Default value: This is what your counter will initially display when a user opens the form. Leave blank to have no value initially appear.
- Arrows: This setting will display up and down arrows next to the counter tool which the user can click to add or subtract to the total count.
- Stars: This setting allows the user to display 5 or 10 clickable stars that can be used to rate a specific question.
- Slider: This setting displays a slider bar which can be moved left and right between the minimum and maximum values entered.
Step: Sets the value that the counter steps up or down when tapped (can be negative or positive whole number).
Range: Sets the minimum and maximum values for the counter (can be negative or positive whole numbers).
- Custom Error Message: Allows the user to customize an error message that will appear when the mobile users tried to enter a number outside of the specified range.
- Cannot Exceed Minimum/Maximum: Blocks the mobile user from being able to use the up and down arrows to go lower than the minimum number of higher than the maximum number.