The Date/Time tool allows the user to select a date and/or time within a form, as shown in the sample animated image, below:
Default value: This is what the Date/Time field will initially display when a user opens the form. Leave blank to have no value initially appear. Select the Set field equal to current date checkbox to have the current date and/or time (when the user opens the form) appear in the Date/Time field.
Type: Specifies whether you want the mobile user to be able to enter the date, the time, or the date and time.
- Date - user can only enter a date
- Time - user can only enter a time
- Date:Time - user can enter a date and time
Button Type: These options decide whether the field will display a "Today" or "Now" button or a Date/Time icon. When using the icon setting users can also choose what the icon action is. The icon can either automatically enter the current date and/or time or it can bring up the date/time picker.
Remove Now/Today button: Removes the Now button (for time) and a Today (for date) button (shown in the animated image above), that the mobile user can click to insert the current date and/or time into the form.
Remove Seconds: This setting only applies to time or date/time fields. This setting simply removes the seconds from the answer for a time or date/time field. If unchecked, the user will see down to the second what time it is.
Use Minute Interval: This option allows the user to increase their time answers by intervals of 1 (default), 5, 15, or 30 minutes. If checked, when the user clicks the 'Now' button the timestamp will automatically go to the next interval time. This setting also makes the time picker in the mobile app only include minute options that match your interval.
For example, if the users interval setting is checked to 15 minutes and it is currently 11:16 am, when the user clicks the now button the timestamp will read 11:30 am (next 15 minute interval in this hour). The time picker in the mobile app will also only include minutes that match this interval (for this example the minute picker would only include 00, 15, 30, and 45).
- When a specified question is answered for the first time: For example, you could instruct the form to enter the date and time into the field immediately after the person signs their name (using the Signature field). Select this option, and then select the Question trigger (in our example, the question trigger would be the Signature field).
- When a specified page is displayed for the first time: For example, you could instruct the form to enter the date and time into the field immediately after the Contact Info page is displayed for the first time. Select this option, and then select the Page trigger (in our example, the page trigger would be the Contact Info page).
- When the form is opened for the first time.
- When the form is saved as complete.
Military-time: Displays the time using military format (e.g., 6:00:00 PM would be displayed as 18:00:00).
- yy or yyyy - Displays two digit (e.g. 19), or four digit (e.g. 2019) numeric value of the year.
- M or MM or MMM or MMMM - Displays one or two numeric digits (e.g. 4 or 11), or two numeric digits (e.g. 03), or three alpha digits (e.g. Mar), or full alpha value (e.g. March) of the month.
- d or dd or ddd or dddd - Displays one or two numeric digits (e.g. 3 or 14), or two numeric digits (e.g. 02), or three alpha digits (e.g. Tue), or full alpha value (e.g. Tuesday) of the day.
- h or hh - Displays one or two digits (e.g. 3 or 11), or two digits (e.g. 03 or 11) of the numeric value of the am/pm hour. Check the Military-time option to use 24 hour format.
- mm - Displays the two digit numeric value of the minutes.
- ss - Displays the two digit numeric value of the seconds.
- a - Displays "AM" or "PM," depending upon the time of day.
Note that you may insert various punctuation characters ( , . / : @ ) between advanced format values to format the date and time to your personal liking. For example:
- MMM dd, yyyy - Displays "Feb 28, 2016"
- MM/dd/yyyy - Displays "02/28/2016"
- MM.dd - Displays "02.28"
- MM/yyyy - Displays "02/2016"
- hh:mm:ss a - Displays "10:30:08 AM"
- MM/dd/yy hh:mm a - Displays "02/28/16 10:30 PM"
- MM/dd/yy @ hh:mm:ss a - Displays "02/28/16 @ 10:30:08 PM"
Allow edit: Allows a user to edit the Date/Time field after they initially enter it into a form, or after it is auto-stamped (see above), or when editing an existing form submission. Note that this option can not be changed after the form has been published. This ensures that the same Allow edit option was used for all the information collected.
Verify Time: This setting allows users to verify a time value by returning the minutes between one time field and another. For example, a user could have a time field for "Job Start Time" which has the expected address the user should be at. Then, using the verify setting the user can capture their location and the variance field will return the distance between the "Job Site Address" and the users location.
Range: Sets the Minimum (earliest date and/or time) and Maximum (latest date and/or time) that the mobile user may enter into the Date/Time field.
Compare: allows the user to compare a date/time field to another date/time field. For example if a user wanted to ensure Date1 was > Date2 this is the tool they would use. The compare setting allows you to create a condition which if it is not met the form will not be allowed to be submitted.