The Image tool allows the user to insert an image into a mobile form in one of two ways:
Use their mobile device's camera to take a new photo and insert it into the form (mobile users only).
Insert an existing image that is stored on their mobile device or desktop/laptop into the form (mobile and web client users).
After the image is inserted, the user can sketch on top of the image using their finger or a stylus (mobile users) or with a mouse (web client), in order to circle/highlight parts of the image, or to create simple notes relevant to the image.
All images are saved in the form as JPEG files.
Note that there is no maximum number of images that can be inserted into a single form. However, we recommend you limit the number of image tools you insert into each form, as forms that surpass 35 MB in size may cause the doForms mobile app to run slowly.
The image below shows an image that has been inserted into a form and sketched on top of:
Allow edit: This setting controls whether or not the mobile user can re-take a photo. If this setting is unchecked once the user takes a photo they will no longer be able to change the image.
Allow selection from device gallery: Allows the mobile user or web client user to insert an existing image (stored on their mobile device or desktop/laptop) into the form.
Note: When prompted, iOS users must allow access to all photos.
Sketch: Check Allow sketch to allow the user to Sketch over the image.
- Auto start in sketch: Automatically starts the mobile user in the sketch screen.
- Show advanced toolbar: The advanced toolbar includes tools such as dent marks, scratch marks, question marks, etc.
Auto stamp image: Print information about when and where the image was taken at the bottom of the image.
- GPS location: The latitude and longitude where the image was taken.
- Direction: The direction the camera was pointing when the image was taken. Not all devices can report direction information. Direction information may not be available in landscape mode.
- Date and time: When the image was taken.
- Description: Print the contents of a Text or text Calculation field on the image.
If the image is selected from the gallery, the date and location information captured by the camera when the image was taken are used.