The Sketch tool allows mobile form users to create a sketch using their finger or a stylus (on mobile devices) or with a mouse (on desktop or laptop devices), and then save the sketch within the form. The mobile user can use a variety of line colors and thicknesses when sketching.
You can choose to pre-load an image that will appear by default in the sketch canvas. Mobile users can either keep the image and sketch on top of it, or clear the image and sketch on a blank canvas. Web client users can either keep the image and sketch on top of it, clear the image and sketch on a blank canvas, or upload a new image and sketch on top of it.
All images are saved in the form as JPEG files.
The image below shows a Sketch field within a mobile form. An image of the human body has been pre-loaded, and the mobile user has sketched on top of the image.
The image below shows the Sketch field within a mobile form after the mobile user has finished sketching.
To view submitted sketches, view the submitted form record in the View Data tab, and then click the View link for the appropriate Sketch field (highlighted in red, below). The sketch will open in a separate window.
Image: Enables you to upload an image that will appear in the Sketch area of the form. The mobile form user can either keep the image and sketch on top of it, or clear the image and sketch on a blank canvas.
Show advanced toolbar: This setting enables more features on the sketch tool such as arrows, shapes, text, check marks, and X marks. When turned on all of these additional sketch items would be available including the default color and line thickness options. If not checked the user would only see the default settings for color and line thickness.
- Line: Draw freehand. Select either a solid or a dashed line.
- Icon: Add an icon to the sketch.
- Text: Add text to the sketch. Enter the text and then click in the sketch to place it. Move the text around the sketch by clicking and dragging.
- Shape: Add a shape to the sketch. Click and drag to size the shape.
- Color: Set the color to be used by other controls.
- Width: Set the line width to be used by other controls.
- Drag: Move the sketch. Useful when zoomed in.
- Undo / Redo: Undo or redo the last action.
- Zoom: Zoom in or zoom out. Useful when sketching on an existing image.
The screenshot below shows the advanced toolbar in the sketch area:
Allow replace: Allow the user to replace the default image with a different image.
Allow clear: Allow the user to clear the sketch.