Printer setting file: Upload a Brother .bin file that defines the paper size options.
Follow these steps to generate a .bin file:
- Connect to the printer as if you were going to print from your computer.
- Open the Brother support site and search for your printer model.
- Select Downloads, and select the operating system of your computer.
- Download and install the Printer Setting Tool found under Utilities.
- Open the Brother Printer Setting Tool and click New...
- Select the options that match the paper that will be used.
- Click Add to save the new paper setting.
- Select the new paper setting from the list and then click Export...
- Save the .bin file
Text direction: Print vertically or horizontally.
Number of copies: Choose the number of copies to print each time the button is pushed.
Columns: Choose between 1 and 2 column layout.
Show colon: Print a colon between the caption and the answer value.
Add row: Select the fields and formats you would like to appear in each column and row.
- Type: Choose from the list of supported field types.
- Field: Choose the field to print.
- Font size: Choose between small, medium and large font.
- Align: Choose L (left) C (center) or R (right) alignment.
- Print caption: Print the caption text from the question.
- Bold result: Print the value in the field in bold text to distinguish from the field caption.