Manage > General > Notices is where notices can be created and customized. Notices can be displayed on both website and mobile, and can also be displayed to certain types of users.
Note: The Manage tab is available to users with Manage or Admin privileges only. Be sure to click Save at the top left of the page to save any changes.
- Title: Enter a title for the notice.
- Body: Enter the body text for the notice.
- Expiration date: Select expiration date for the notice. Yellow highlighted date is current date, unfilled date is selected expiration date.
- ...more URL: Select URL that the "...more" link at the bottom of the notice will direct to.
- Display to: Select which users to display the notice to. Options are: Mobile users, All web users, System managers, Dispatchers, Form Builders, and Data managers.
doForms provides a system for you to create and publish “Company Notices” on your mydoforms website, and/or to “push” such notices to your mobile devices. On the website, notices will appear in the left hand column of the Home page. On mobile devices, notices will appear in the Notice Alert Bar as well as on the Notices page.
The example below illustrates the Company Notices function in a fully customized doForms mobile app User Interface (UI). Tap on this alert bar to display the full text of the notice, as well as an optional HTML link to even more information. Once read, a notice can be “dismissed”.
To create a Company Notice:
- Click on Manage
- Select Account
- Click on Company Notices
The on/off controls at the top of the page determine if website or mobile notices are to be displayed at all. Be sure to click the Save button when making a change to the top section.
To add a new notice, click the Add button beneath the existing notices. Type your notice. The "Title" will be shown in the mobile app notice alert bar. Use the "More ..." field to enter an optional URL for additional information. Enter an "Expiry Date". Designate if the notice is to be displayed on the website and/or mobile units. Be sure to click the Save button when done.