Manage Projects is available to doForms users with Manage and Admin privileges only. Be sure to click Save at the bottom or top of the page to save any changes.
The Projects tab is the place where you manage projects and forms. Your doForms database is organized by “Projects” which in turn contain the “Forms”. Note that the forms contain and organize the data and any form may be listed under multiple projects (See Understanding Forms, Projects and Mobile Units).
The rows in the Projects tab represent the forms. The first column provides the form name (you can sort the table alphabetically by clicking this column heading). The remaining columns represent the projects, starting with the “Main Project”.
Your doForms account starts out with one “Main Project” which provides you with useful forms. The Main Project is a little bit different than all other projects in that by default it is subscribed out to all mobile units. So, if you create forms which you want to deploy to all mobile units, adding them to the Main Project in the Projects tab is an easy way to do so. Other projects that you create must be explicitly subscribed out to mobile units using the Mobile Units tab.
Projects in the mobile app are ordered alpha-numerically and the first project is the default project (i.e. the one selected when the doForms app starts). To set a default project, just make its name the first in the alpha-numeric ordered list. You can use a special character (e.g., ">") to make a project the first in the list (and the default). Be sure to consider ahead of time that different projects can be assigned to different mobile devices, so different mobile devices can have different default projects.
Displays a filter function that allows you to search for specific form names.
Hover over the actions button below the project name to see the project actions menu:
- Add project: Add a new project.
- Rename: Rename the project. Note that the Main Project may not be renamed.
- Delete: Delete the project. Note that the Main Project may not be deleted. When a project is deleted, the records already collected in the project are no longer available. To stop using a project without losing the data, remove all forms from the project instead.
- Select all forms: Select all forms. Click Save to add all the forms to the project.
- Deselect all forms: Deselect all forms. Click Save to remove all the forms from the project.
Hover over the actions button next to the form name to see the form actions menu:
- Add form: Select from published forms that have not been assigned to any projects. After the form is added to the list, make sure the check the project(s) for the form and click Save.
- Remove: Remove the form from all projects. The form is not removed from your account and can be added back to projects in the future. To permanently delete a form, open the form in build forms and select Delete.
- Select all projects: Deselect all projects. Click Save to remove the form from all projects.
- Deselect all projects: Select all projects. Click Save to add the form to all projects.
If a form is not assigned to a project, but the data table contains data, then the form will be listed in the View data and Dispatch tabs. This will allow you to see and use the data on the website without mobile users seeing the form in the project. If a form is assigned to a project, then the form will always be listed in the View data and Dispatch tabs even if there is no data.