Manage > Mobile app > Users is where admin users can determine what users can use the account's version of the doForms app, enter/change their user's information and select project viewing permissions.
Note: The Manage tab is available to users with System Manager or Admin privileges only.
When first viewing the Manage > Mobile Users tab, permitted users are greeted with the ability to "Show All", "Show Available", and "Search" based upon different parameters. The ability to import users and create mobile groups can also be seen upon first visiting the page. You can sort the table alphabetically by clicking on any of the underlined column headings. This is useful if, for example, you wish to see which mobile units use a particular Mobile App or Mobile OS.
- Show all: Shows every mobile user on the account by creating an individual row for each user. You can see each user's basic information here and which projects they have access to.
- Search: Allows an admin user to search for a license based upon different parameters.
- Mobile unit number: Searches for a user based upon the number attached to their license.
- Nickname: Searches for a user based upon the name attached to their license.
- Mobile group: Searches for users based upon which mobile group they are in.
- Email: Searches for a user based upon the email address attached to their license.
- Mobile number: The mobile number is generally the 10-digit telephone number of the mobile device. If the device is a PC or tablet with no phone, the mobile number may be any 10-digit number. This number is used to login to the doForms app.
- PIN: The PIN can be any 4-digit number. We recommend using a different PIN for each mobile license. The number of mobile devices that you will be able to setup will correspond to your account level.
- Nickname: Provides a “Nickname” for the mobile unit. You may use the mobile user’s name, or a company device ID etc. Nicknames may be up to 20 characters. This is most useful when working in the Dispatch tab where it may be difficult to remember which mobile number corresponds to which mobile worker.
- Email (optional): Provides an optional email address for the user of the mobile device. This can be pointed to in forms and reports.
- Mobile group (optional): Provides a way to classify your mobile units. The work group field is searchable with the Search button function.
- Mobile app: Provides the version number of the mobile application installed on the corresponding mobile device. This will automatically be filled in when doForms is set up on the mobile device. You do not need to enter this information. The presence of this information will tell you that doForms has been successfully set up on the corresponding mobile device.
- Mobile OS: Provides the Operating System information of the corresponding mobile device. This will automatically be filled in when doForms is set up on the mobile device. You do not need to enter this information. The presence of this information will tell you what type of device this is and what its OS version is. This is very useful for technical support purposes.
- Projects: Shows all projects on the account and whether or not that user has access to each individual project or not.
- Be sure to click Save to save any changes to projects
The Row Menu provides the following functions:
- Edit: Click Edit in the Row Menu to access the Edit sub-menu. This menu allows permitted users to view and change a number of things about the mobile user. The things that can be changed are: Mobile unit number, PIN, Nickname, Email, Mobile group, Default project, User variables, Geofence, Privilege (to view encrypted fields), and MFA device ID (MFA device ID will auto-populate on first device connection. To use a new device, clear or change the MFA device ID). This menu also allows for writing notes about a user, for instance, storing any important information about the user that is not stored elsewhere.
- Delete: To delete a Mobile Number and PIN from a row, click Delete in the Row Menu. A message will be displayed asking you to confirm the delete. Click OK. Otherwise, press Cancel.
- Send email: Sends and email to the mobile user containing their Mobile Number and PIN settings.
- Select all projects: Use Select all projects from the Row Menu to subscribe all projects to this mobile unit. If all the projects are selected, this Row Menu option changes to Deselect all projects which can be used accordingly.
- Note that when a new project is added, it will NOT be automatically assigned to any of the mobile units. You must explicitly do so either by clicking the check-boxes individually or by using the Column Menu to Select all mobiles. If all the projects are selected, this Column Action Menu option changes to Deselect all mobiles which can be used accordingly. Also remember that the “Main Project” is automatically added to all mobile units.
- If a Mobile Number is deleted but the mobile device still has unsent forms, these forms will become “orphaned” on the device and will not be able to be sent to the website.