Use the Get Geotab data Action button to pull data from a Geotab GO device into fields in your form.
Geotab user (driver)
- If the user has not recently logged in as a Geotab user from the doForms app, a Geotab login page will display when the action is triggered.
- To log out of Geotab or to log in to Geotab before requesting data, open Settings > Geotab in the doForms app.
- Read about Geotab security clearances required for the driver.
Action button options
- Logged in user is the driver: Find the vehicle that the user who is logged in to Geotab is assigned to as a driver. If the logged in user is not assigned to a vehicle as a driver, then only driver information (name and email) will be populated.
- Destination fields: Select the destination fields to populate. Below are the possible values that can be retrieved from Geotab:
- Speed: In mph or kmph depending on the regional settings of the Geotab user.
- Current status duration: The time the vehicle has spent in the current status (driving or stopped). In format hh:mm:ss.
- Is driving: "true" or "false"
- License plate
- License state
- Vehicle name
- Vehicle make
- Vehicle model
- Vehicle year
- Current address: The address at the current location.
- Odometer: In miles or km depending on the regional settings of the Geotab user.
- Engine hours: If the engine does not track this value, then the number of engine hours since the GO device was installed.
- Fuel level: From 0 (empty) to 100 (full).
- Driver name: First and last name of the user logged in to Geotab.
- Driver email
- Current Geotab zone: The name of a Geotab zone if the vehicle is located in a zone.
Read more about Action buttons.