The doForms Map add-in allows dispatchers using the Geotab system to view active dispatches and recent data captured in doForms.
Using the Map add-in
Use the toolbar at the top of the add-in for general actions:
- Open the doForms Workforce Manager site for additional data and dispatching options.
- Open this help page.
- Refresh the data in the add-in.
Every Geotab vehicle visible in the map will display if it can be matched to a doForms mobile user:
- View the nickname and email address of the mobile user.
- Filter the active dispatches by status.
- Collapse or Expand the mobile user.
- Send a new dispatch to the mobile user.
All active dispatches assigned to the mobile user are displayed under Dispatches. The current status and record name of the dispatch are visible. Dispatches are sorted with the most recently updated at the top.
Click on a dispatch to open the dispatch menu:
- History: View the history of the dispatch.
- Copy: Copy the dispatch and open the copy for editing.
- Edit: Edit the dispatch if the status is before Sent or after Viewed.
- Delete: Delete the dispatch. Available when the status is before Sent or after Viewed.
- View: View the dispatch in a read only format that can be downloaded, printed or emailed.
- Recall: Cancel the dispatch and remove it from the device. Available when the status is Sent, Received or Viewed.
All form submissions, timesheet entries and custom status updates received in the last 12 hours are displayed under Events. This provides a look at the recent activity of the mobile user.
- In MyGeotab, navigate to System > System Settings > Add-Ins.
- Make sure "Allow unsigned Add-Ins" is On.
- Click New Add-In.
- Replace the text in the Configuration tab with the text below:
"name": "doForms Map",
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Before the add-in can be used, your doForms administrator must link your Geotab account with your doForms account. If you already use the doForms Trip history add-in, this step may have already been completed.
- In MyGeotab, navigate to the Map.
- Select at least one vehicle or driver.
- The doForms Map add-in will display in the right panel.
- If the add-in does not look like the image blow, the log in step has already been completed.
- Enter the doForms administrator email address and password, and the doForms account that should be linked to Geotab.
Note: The email does not need to match the email address of the currently logged in Geotab user.
- Click Connect to doForms.
- After Geotab and doForms are linked, the add-in will automatically log the user in to the doForms web user account that matches the email of the logged in Geotab user.
Mobile units to Drivers
doForms mobile units are matched to Geotab drivers by email address. If no mobile unit is found in doForms with a matching email address, the message "Mobile unit not found for email" will display.
Note: The email field is optional in the doForms mobile unit, however it must be populated for the mobile unit to be matched to a driver.
Mobile units to Vehicles
Please contact doForms support if you would like to match your doForms mobile units to your Geotab vehicles (for example, if the mobile units are mounted in vehicles).
Available to Advanced and Premium plans.