The following provides support for transferring files to support from Android devices.
Send Files to Support through PC
- Connect your Android device to your computer using an USB cable.
- You may need to ensure Android device is set as a Media Device.
- Open the drive that is your device's internal storage and navigate to the doForms data folder. This folder can be found in one of these two locations:
- Support will request the contents of one or more folders. For example, here is the sub folder called instances that contains forms that are saved on the device but not transmitted to the portal:
- Create a folder with the same name on your computer then copy the contents of the mobile folder to the newly created folder.
- Archive (Zip) the folder by Right Clicking the new folder, select Send to then select Compressed (Zipped) folder. This will create a file with the compressed contents in the same location as the folder.
- Email this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Files to Support Through Mobile Device
If you do not have a PC available you can follow these steps
- Open the Files app or any File Manager app on your device. This example uses File Manager +. Other apps may have slightly different steps.
- Navigate to the doForms data folder. This folder can be found in one of these two locations:
- Find the folder requested by support.
- Long press on the folder and select Compress. This will create a new zip file with the folder contents.
- Long press on the new zip file and select Share. Select a method to share the file. If your device has GMail or Outlook installed, the file will be attached to a new email.
- Email the zip file to email@example.com