The doForms Excel Plug-in is a special addition to Excel that allows it to directly download doForms data into a worksheet on your PC. This means that you can set-up a worksheet to download doForms data, save the worksheet, then update the doForms data from time-to-time by pressing just one button. The worksheet can be used by itself, or to populate calculations and charts in other Excel worksheets.
The excel plugin is supported on the Windows platform using Excel 2010 or newer.
Download and Install
- Open https://doforms.com/excel-plug-in.
- Click on the most current version of the Excel Plug-in
- Depending on your PC you will see an option to Save and/or Run the Excel Plug-in
- If you select Run, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
- If you select Save, then double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
Using the Plug-in
Open Excel and start a new worksheet. You will find the doForms Plug-in at the top-left of the Home ribbon.
Start by selecting “Connect”. You will be prompted to log in to a doForms account.
Next, you will be prompted to select a project and form to synchronize. Once you make this selection, the worksheet will be associated with the project/form every time you open it.
Next, you will be prompted to select settings. We recommend using the default settings. You can adjust these setting at any time up until the point when you do the first synchronization. After synchronizing, the setting will be locked for this worksheet.
Finally, press the Synchronize button. The data will be synchronized from doForms to your worksheet. Note the status bar at the bottom which provides useful information.
Save and Synchronize Later
You can then save the Excel file, open it later, and press synchronize again to update it.
Note again that after the initial synchronization you will not be able to change the project/form or settings. These will remain associated with this worksheet. If you need to change the project/form or settings, simply start a new worksheet or Excel document.
The plugin may not be able to synchronize for the following reasons:
- The range of cells where the plugin is active has been converted to a table using Format as Table.
- Columns in the synchronization range have been deleted.
Installation Problems - Certificate is not trusted
You may experience this error during installation:
Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate
used to sign the deployment manifest for doFormsAddIn or its location is not trusted.
To resolve this issue you can import the certificate used to sign the doForms addin. Contact your IT support before following these steps.
- Download the DigiCert Trusted Root G4 certificate from DigiCert: https://www.digicert.com/kb/digicert-root-certificates.htm
- Double click on the certificate file.
- Verify the issuer:
- Click Install Certificate... and then change the Store location to Local Machine:
- Select Automatically select the certificate store...
- Click Finish to complete the import:
- Click Install on the installer:
- The install should complete successfully:
Connection Problems - Network Firewall Issues
If you experience a problem connecting the the Excel Plug-in to your doForms account with the message "Failed to connect with server" (or similar), then your company's network firewall may be preventing the connection. Please contact your IT department and request that they open the firewall to the following URL's:
If you continue to have problems then please contact email@example.com.