After the Excel Report Template has been uploaded to your website, follow these steps to specify how it will be used in generating reports:
Go to the View Data tab of your website.
- Open the project/form that you wish to use the template with.
- Click the Options menu.
- Select Report Settings.
- Then select the Excel Report Template you wish to use.
- Indicate if Excel Template will also be used by the mobile app when emailing reports.
- Click Save.
To create an Excel Report from the View Data or Dispatch tab:
- Go to the View Data or Dispatch tab of your website.
- Open the project/form that you wish to use.
- Click the Row Menu on the record your wish to generate a report for (little box with down arrow).
- Select Email or Save (note that Excel Reports cannot be previewed or printed on the doForms website).
- Open the file in Excel or any program that reads Excel documents.
To create and save individual Excel Reports for multiple records at one time:
- Select the records by checking them in the View Data or Dispatch tab.
- Click on the Data menu and select “Excel Report all Selected”.
- What steps happen from here will depend on your browser type and version, but you will be able to save Excel reports for the checked records onto your local computer without the need to do so individually.